Speculoos Blueberry Tart
The perfect summer treat for a lovely picnic!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 people
- 14 oz sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Speculoos cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cream
For the garnish:
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup blueberry jam
InstructionsBlind bake the shortcrust pastry case:
- Preheat the oven at 325°F.
- Roll out the sweet shortcrust pastry to 1/4 inches thickness on a floured surface.
- Line a pie tin, prick the base all over with a fork and chill for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pie crust from the fridge and line the inside of the pie crust with baking paper and baking beans.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the pastry edges are slightly colored.
- Remove the paper and beans, then bake for 5-6 minutes until the base has also slightly darkened. Set aside.
Prepare the blueberry filling
- Mix the egg with the sugar and cream.
- Place the Speculoos cookies in a blender and mix until they have a breadcrumbs texture. Scatter the Speculoos breadcrumbs in the pastry case.
- Place 1 cup blueberries onto the Speculoos and pour the egg mix over the top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the egg mix has set. Leave to cool.
- Garnish with the fresh blueberries
- Garnish the pie with the remaining blueberries and slightly press them into the custard so that they don't roll away.
- Heat the blueberry jam and glaze the pie.